Cole Hersee Standard Battery Switch
Standard Battery Switch
For any vehicle that needs to use two batteries where one battery is used for starting the engine, while the other is used to power auxiliary loads. This is a common situation in trucks, boats, RVs, police and rescue vehicles, and in ambulances or fire equipment. A selector switch allows use of the first battery, the second battery, or both batteries simultaneously. This provides back-up starting power in an emergency.
These switches combine the functions of Battery Selector and Master Disconnect Switches to give four battery power options:
- Power cut off at the source
- Power On, Battery 2
- Power On, Battery 1
- Power On, both Batteries
Battery selector switches provide a positive battery disconnect, which has many advantages:
- It gives a reliable shutdown of power during maintenance
- The version with the key protects against theft of the vehicle, when unattended
- It helps protect against electrical fires, when the vehicle is not in use, and minimizes battery drain
- Rating: 500A intermittent, 310A continuous, 6-36V DC Electrical ratings on UL labels are conservative. Electrical Ratings Labeled UL 707B
- Use with either alternators or generators
- Make before break design permits operation through the three On positions with the engines running. Engines should always be shut down before turning to Off
- Heavy-Duty Construction Vaporproof, weather-, dust- and corrosion-resistant
- Durable, fracture-resistant high temperature plastic case, knob and insulator
- Switches conform to USCG section 183.410 for ignition protection
- Heavy duty copper stud terminals, with brass hexnuts
- Can be surface mounted, or installed through a 3 5/16" diameter hole in the panel
- Dimensions: Flange: 6" (152.4mm) diameter, overall height 2 5/8" (66.7mm)
- Terminals: 3 copper studs, 3/8" (9.5mm) diameter
We provide fast shipping options for our customers in the USA, which range anywhere from 2-7 business days with an additional 1-3 day processing time, depending on which shipping method you choose.
To learn more about our shipping policy, click here.
We accept all credit card brands that are accepted by Stripe and Paypal. We use Stripe as our credit card payment processor and gateway. We also offer PayPal checkout as an additional payment option. These cards brands and their respective logos can be found in the footer of our website.
We accept payment via the following methods:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Our business hours are from Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm CST. You should usually receive a response within 1-2 business days.
1109 Washington St
Pella, IA 50219