Vesper XB-8000 Class B AIS SP160 Bundle w/SP-160 Amplified Splitter, External Alarm & Stainless Cancel Switch - 753759305659
XB-8000 Class B AIS SP160 Bundle with SP-160 Amplified Splitter, External Alarm & Stainless Cancel Switch
**As the FCC requires all units sold in the US to be programmed by a qualified technician. Please submit the form below for programming at the time of purchase. A copy of the MMSI Registration or FCC Ship Station License is required along with the vessel master or owner's signature on the completed programming form. **
Easy setup for precise AIS data to any MFD. Vesper Marine is the professional's choice for reliability and compatibility.
XB-8000 smartAIS Transponder with WiFi
Unlike normal AIS which sends and receives AIS data, WatchMate XB-8000 has smartAIS which is an active system with smart alarm logic that alerts you rapidly to potential dangers.WatchMate XB-8000 is a Class B AIS transponder with a two-channel parallel receiver and transmitter. It transmits your vessel position and details and receives the same kind of information from other vessels with AIS transponders.
The AIS data is sent every few seconds and includes information such as course, speed, latitude, longitude, and heading. Static information about the vessel is sent every few minutes and includes the name, type of vessel, length, beam, draft, etc.
- Safety Underway. This alerts you when smartAIS detects a potential collision
- Safety at Anchor. If your anchor drags, smartAIS will let you know immediately
- Safety for your Crew. If someone is washed overboard, smartAIS not only alerts you, it also provides their location so you can pick them up quickly
It means you can focus on navigating your vessel, knowing smartAIS is always keeping watch in the background and is ready to alert you the moment it detects a hazard or unwanted event.
WiFi connectivity anywhere onboard
WatchMate XB-8000 has built-in Wi-Fi. You can securely connect up to 5 other devices simultaneously over WiFi. You can have a wireless connection to your laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
AIS data, GPS, and Navigation instrument data over WiFi
Besides AIS data, GPS and NMEA instrument data can be shared with all your mobile devices and laptops. This is exclusive to Vesper Marine Smart AIS transponders. Manage your vessel’s navigation, set and monitor alarms or take decisive action from anywhere on-board using your mobile device.
Connect Wirelessly to Other Devices Using WiFi 802.11 b/g
WatchMate XB-8000 provides dual WiFi configuration as either a secure Access Point supporting up to five other devices simultaneously or connected to an existing router providing WiFi expansion capability to unlimited devices.
Translates NMEA 2000 instrument data (heading, wind, depth, speed, log, temperature) and routes it to mobile devices, computers, and plotters.
Certified NMEA2000 Gateway-Built in
Over WiFi & USB
All NMEA 2000 navigation data is combined with GPS and AIS data and sent simultaneously to up to five WiFi devices (tablets, smartphones, computers) as well as computers via USB. Display and use this data in your navigation applications such as iNavX, Nobletec, iSailor, NavPlay, or SEAiq on an iPad. Or use it on Android and iOS apps or Windows and Mac navigation software.
To NMEA 0183 instruments
Integrate chart plotters, MFDs, and radars using NMEA 0183 to your NMEA2000 navigation network using WatchMate XB-8000.
WatchMate XB-8000 is equipped with a fast 5Hz 50 channel GPS. This provides greater detail and higher resolution plotting. Displays GPS satellite status and navigation data such as your position, course, and speed when viewed from the My Vessel screen.
GPS source for navigation network
Use it as a source of GPS data on an NMEA 2000 network which means you do not need an additional GPS antenna. View GPS data on your plotter or MFD, with higher resolution and smoother tracks even during high-speed maneuvers.
External GPS Antenna Included
Includes an external GPS antenna and deck mount that allows for simple installation. For best performance, the GPS antenna requires a clear and unobstructed view of the sky. It usually works well when installed in a cockpit, under a non-metallic dodger, or under a fiberglass hard-top.
Some of the additional innovative features of WatchMate XB-8000 include:
- Vesper Marine’s new multiprocessor architecture for fast performance includes dedicated AIS processors ensuring reliable, instant AIS data acquisition
- Easy installation: Just plug in a VHF antenna and connect to 12-24 VDC
- WatchMate XB-8000’s low power consumption that keeps it always on, always visible, always watching
- The WatchMate XB-8000 is waterproof (IPx7) so it can safely be mounted mostly anywhere
- Galvanically isolated USB ports protect the transponder and connected equipment (eg laptops) against damage due to inadequately bonded or damaged circuits on board
Amplified AIS/VHF/FM Antenna Splitter
At last An Antenna Splitter with Gain Not Loss
Many AIS splitters introduce significant signal loss, some say no loss but this unique Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain - improving AIS reception and increasing range. This is because the Vesper Marine splitter has a built-in low noise amplifier. This is especially important to increase the reception range from the increasing number of low-power AIS SART and MOB devices.
In addition to the amplification provided by this splitter, when used with your existing antenna you can optimize the range of your AIS transponder because the antenna is also mounted as high as possible.
Designed to work with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders including the popular WatchMate XB-6000 and WatchMate XB-8000. In addition, it has a unique on-screen VHF-in-use indicator when used with the WatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders.
Increases the performance of other manufacturers' AIS receivers and transponders too!
To simplify installation, you can share an existing VHF antenna by using this splitter. The unit removes the need for a separate VHF antenna for an AIS receiver or transponder and allows a single antenna to be shared with a VHF radio.
This is an excellent solution when it is difficult to install an additional antenna or you wish to share an existing VHF antenna and maximize your AIS range.
This Vesper Marine splitter is specifically designed for use with both AIS receivers and transponders.
You can use this splitter with an existing antenna installation that is in good operating condition. However, for an optimized AIS and VHF antenna system, choose our AIS antenna designed to be shared with VHF radios.
- AIS Sensitivity Gain: The SP160 provides amplification to the AIS signal resulting in much higher AIS sensitivity, improving AIS receive a range
- Low power consumption: Very low power consumption designed to save your battery power
- Simple connections: No adapters or special patch cords are needed for VHF/AIS. Uses standard PL-259 patch cables (two 2M (6.5') cables included)
- Easy installation: Very compact and easy to install with built-in mounting flanges
- LED status indicators: 4 status LEDs (power, VHF transmit, AIS transmit, antenna quality)
- AM and FM radio connection: Provides AM/FM radio connection. An optional cable with a standard "Motorola plug" is available to make installation easy. Plugs directly into almost all car or marine stereos
- VHF-in-use indicator: VHF-in-use indicator appears on the screen of the AISWatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders whenever the VHF radio is being used. This unique feature indicates when AIS traffic is delayed due to the antenna being in use by the VHF radio and is also an excellent indicator if a stuck-mic condition exists.
- Fail-safe VHF priority: VHF radio always has priority and the VHF can always transmit even if the power to the splitter fails
- Antenna quality monitor indicates if there is a problem: The unique antenna quality LED will indicate a problem with the antenna, cable, or installation
- 12 or 24 Volt supply: Designed to work with either 12 or 24 volt supply
- Waterproof: IPx7 rated. High-quality rugged construction made specifically for marine use
Note: As of July 1, 2017, the splitter now includes two 2m (6.5ft) long patch cables to go between the splitter, AIS, and your VHF radio. This provides everything needed for most installations. However, if you require a longer cable be sure to choose a high-quality marine-grade 50-ohm cable with standard PL259 plugs to go between the splitter and your AIS transponder or receiver. This should be ordered separately based on the required length. See the related products list for our most popular options.
Manufacturer : Vesper
Manufacturer Part No : 010-02818-50
UPC : 753759305659
We provide fast shipping options for our customers in the USA, which range anywhere from 2-7 business days with an additional 1-3 day processing time, depending on which shipping method you choose.
To learn more about our shipping policy, click here.
We accept all credit card brands that are accepted by Stripe and Paypal. We use Stripe as our credit card payment processor and gateway. We also offer PayPal checkout as an additional payment option. These cards brands and their respective logos can be found in the footer of our website.
We accept payment via the following methods:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Our business hours are from Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm CST. You should usually receive a response within 1-2 business days.
1109 Washington St
Pella, IA 50219